Hill Country Memorial Hospital named one of the Nation’s 100 top hospitals
In 2018 Hill Country Memorial was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals for the seventh time by Watson Health (formerly Truven Health Analytics), a leading provider of data-driven analytics to improve the cost and quality of healthcare.
The Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® study identifies hospitals that provide the highest value to their communities based on a national scorecard that measures performance across 11 measures including patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability.
Receiving this recognition means that HCM’s clinical staff, employees, volunteers and leaders continue to meet the highest national benchmarks in the U.S. in terms of patient care, patient satisfaction, and financial health.
To conduct the 100 Top Hospitals study, researchers evaluated more than 2,840 short-term, acute-care nonfederal hospitals. Hospitals do not apply, and awardees do not pay for this honor.
The study shows that if all hospitals in the U.S. performed at the level of top 100 hospitals:
- More than 102,000 inpatient lives could be saved
- Over 43,000 additional patients could be complication-free
- Over $4.4 billion in inpatient costs could be saved
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day
- Over 200,000 fewer discharged patients would be readmitted within 30 days
- Patients could spend 17 minutes less in hospital emergency rooms per visit
For more information about the 100 Top Hospitals award, please visit www.100tophospitals.com.